Idea Lab – Internship Opportunity
Overview of the Idea Lab
We’re the ZIP Idea Lab, part of the Zahn Innovation Platform. We help people to solve their problems using Design Thinking and other creative problem solving tools. We help the people in our SDSU community – people, teams and organizations – on campus and afar. We also work with the business community to help them solve problems, develop products and services, and improve process.
The Idea Lab is led by Director Kevin Popovic. He is the CEO / Founder of Ideahaus®, an award-winning creative communications agency, an experienced teacher of Creativity + Innovation, and a published author.
We are adding interns to our staff immediately for this semester.
The Idea Lab operates like a start-up. For many things there are ideas and plans, but nothing is written in stone. You will help us organizing and managing lectures, workshops, trainings and creative sessions. You work close together with the Director to create the best experience for our clients.
We are looking for an intern with the following skills and mindset:
- interested in Design Thinking, Creativity and Innovation
- interested in working with cross-disciplinary teams
- curious, open minded with a hands-on mentality
- representational and hospitality skills
- project management skills
- well organized digital skills
- excellent communications skills
- fluent in English, second language a plus
- appreciates learning by doing
- high tolerance for a dynamic work environment with rapidly changing priorities
No prior knowledge of Design Thinking is required, but it is a plus. We are looking for students with a passion for entrepreneurialism and the desire to learn. Students with any background and level of experience, from humanities to computer science and beyond, are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please apply for this position by sending a short email introduction and a link to your LinkedIn profile to Director Kevin Popovic via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Include any knowledge and experience with Design Thinking, creative development, communications, innovation, workshops or training. Also include any relative work experience with sales and marketing.